Subscribe:

06 August 2011

Third Step / part 2: Interview Questions 4



What do you do in your spare time?
If you had unlimited free time how would you spend it?
Your hobbies, it must be useful hobbies, such as:
  • Playing chess.  
  • Reading.  
  • Surfing the internet.  
  • Play football.
  • Spend some time with my friends.  
Don’t say useless hobbies, such as:
  • Playing video games.  
  • Playing play station.  
How has your interest or hobby helped you to develop the skills that would be required for your ideal career?
You must tell the interviewer the relationship between your life and the job you apply for, such as:
  • Playing chess: Helps me to think wise. 
  • Working as a lawyer: Teaches me how to argue and persuade. 
Tell me about a major accomplishment
You must find and prepare your story about something you achieved before and you are proud of it.
       
How do you work inside a team?
Be sure to have ready examples.
For example:
  • I am trying to help and cooperate with my team members.  
  • If we have a problem, we are brainstorming about the solving and discuss it to reach the best solution of any problem.  
  • When we have tasks we divide the tasks on us to cooperate and make everything is easier. 
Tell me about contribution you have made to a team effort
Prepare your story about an effort you did before inside teams.
        
For example:
In my team in the college we made a project and we need to make a website to our project, so I made it alone because I was the only one who knows how to create a website.

How have you demonstrated leadership?
What qualities should a successful manager possess? 
If you have been a leader before, so it is the suitable time to say that to the interviewer but if you weren’t a leader before, it doesn’t make any problem. 
        
Your Answer for example:
I have the leadership skills, because I was a leader in >>>>>…… 
So I know that the leader must be discreet, reliable and should have managerial skills. He must be diplomatic, patient, responsible, organized and also able to analyze and take decisions in time.
      
Describe a leader you admire.
Who is your role model?
Tell him about any person and why this person (mention the features which make you choose this specific person – you can choose any person like your last boss, a president, public person, your father…etc) and what did you do to be like him.
    
What criteria are you using to evaluate the company which you hope to work for? 
Your Answer for example: 
I evaluate the company with a lot of criteria, like:
  • How much the customers trust the company. 
  • Also some things make me choose this company, like: 
    • The opportunity for advancement. 
    • How I feel nice about this company.
    • The vision of the company. 
    • Its position in the market. 
Describe what a balanced lifestyle is.  
Your Answer for example:
The balanced lifestyle is how I can manage between my work, health, society (friends and charity) and my family.      

How do you manage your workweek? 
Your Answer for example:
At the beginning of each week I make a schedule, giving everything a suitable time to do it and at the end of the week I check what I finished and what I didn’t finish to give them enough time in the next week schedule and so on.
     
When you are not at work, do you prefer an agenda or are you spontaneous? 
Your Answer for example:
I prefer an agenda because I can manage my goals, so I can know what I did and what I didn’t do yet.
      
Describe your comfort level to work with people of higher rank and people of lower rank. 
Your Answer for example:
I like to work with people of higher rank in order to gain experience, learn more about my career and have their respect.
Also I like to work with the lower rank to help them by solving any problems they have, earn their respect by giving them trust and treating them as reliable people. 
      
How do you handle conflict with your colleagues or supervisors? 
Your Answer for example:
1.   Listen carefully. 
2.    Understand the issue.
3.   Analysis and thinking.
4.   Repeat what I get to clarify everything.
5.   Respond.
What is your logic in solving problems? 
Your Answer for example:
  • Analysis the problem. 
  • Break it to small parts.  
  • Try to solve every part alone. 
At the end of the interview, the interviewer will ask you
Do you need to ask me any questions?
Do you have any questions for me?
The good question that you will ask will increase your chance to get the job.
So you will interview the interviewer and you must remember that:
  • You must avoid asking questions that are already known facts or are available on the employer's website. 
  • Never ask about your salary and other benefits issues until the interviewer raises these subjects. 
  • When you ask the interviewer follow the next guidelines: 
    • Ask open-ended questions. (Don’t ask a question that the interviewer could answer it by yes or no). 
    • Avoid "Why" questions.
    • Keep the questions short. 
    • Don't interrupt. 
    • Use inclusive language. 
    • Ask questions that the interviewer can answer them comfortably. 
    • Avoid asking questions that focus on what the company can do for you. 
    • Don't ask questions that are irrelevant to the job or the organization. 
One of the smartest questions you can ask:
"Now that we have talked about my qualifications and experience, do you have any concerns about my capabilities regarding this position?"
This answer enables you knowing any latent lingering doubts in the interviewer mind to be brought out in the open, and it provides an opportunity to you to defend yourself satisfactorily against the objections.
   
Another smart question,
“Do you have any concerns about my ability to perform this job?”
      
Another smart question,
"What are the three top priorities you would first like to see me accomplish?" The question establishes your commitment to action.
      
Another smart question,
“In your opinion, what are my strongest assets and possible weaknesses? Do you have any concerns regarding my suitability that I need to clear up in order to be the top candidate?”

Don’t ask questions like these questions
    • What is it that your company does? 
    • How many warnings does one get before one is fired?
Jobs in Egypt
Congratulations !!!!!!!!
You are hired

Popular Posts