Subscribe:

06 August 2011

Third Step / part 2: Interview Questions 3


What is your salary expectation? 
What kind of salary do you need?
You mustn’t answer it directly, instead, you can ask the interviewer “Can you tell me the salary range for this position?” the interviewer will tell you, if not, say that “it can depend on the details of the job”. Then give a wide range of salary depending on the salary range for this position in the other companies.
   
What makes you the best candidate for the job?
What Can You Do for Us That Other Candidates Can't?
What sets you apart from the crowd?
What sets you special from the others? 
Why I must choose you for this position and refuse the other candidates?
You must tell the interviewer some of your skills you have (these skills must be related to job you apply for) and how these skills make you the best candidate for the job and that you want to add value to the company and continue to grow the company.
         
For example: customer service
I am patient so I have the ability to deal with angry customers with patience and calm way.



Tell me about your short-term goals 
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Your short term goals must be to find a job.
     
Your Answer for example:
My short term goal is to find a position that will put me in forward-moving company with solid performance.
       
OR
My short term goal is to gain employment at a company where I can use my skills and abilities to meet the needs of the company. I want to be a part of a team where I am encouraged to learn new skills and be challenged.
    
OR
My short term goal is to gain employment at a company where I can use my skills and abilities to meet the needs of the company. I want to be a part of a team where I am encouraged to learn new skills and be challenged.
      
Tell me about your long-term goals
In this question you must tell the interviewer that your long term goal is to be in a higher position (i.e. manager, supervisor) in the position you apply for in this company.
      
Your Answer for example:
My long-term goals are to be in a higher position in customer service department in the company and build my family.
     
OR
Get a good job in this company and prove myself in it to promote to my dream job.
       
OR
I see myself in a top management level position where I can share my knowledge and experience with others for the betterment of the company employees and clients.
      
OR (Tricky Answer)
I have learned that long term goals are best achieved when I break them into shorter goals. (So in this answer you must tell him your short-term goals).
      
OR (Another Tricky Answer)
I don’t have a specific long term goal,, because my goals are endless,, my goals are open-ended ....
        
What is your dream job?
Describe your ideal career
You must say that your dream job is the job which you apply for it or a higher position but in the same field and the same company.
       
Why did you leave your last job?
You must speak about learning that your previous job didn’t make it. 
Don't speak badly about your previous employer or your previous job.
For example:
  • I didn’t feel that I am developing myself in this job.  
  • To be honest, I am looking for more challenges.  
  • Because there isn’t room for growth with my previous job.  
  • I’ve decide that it wasn’t the direction I want to go in my career.
  • I am interested in a new challenge and an opportunity to use my technical skills and experience in different capacity than I have in the past.  
  • I am seeking a position with a stable company with room for growth and opportunity for advancement.  
  • It’s time to learn something new.  
  • I decided it would be a good time for me to look outside.
  • I need to achieve my goals and I need to work for a large company to have a good opportunity to achieve them.  
  • that's the hardest decision I ever had, I will forever be thankful for the opportunity that my previous employer gave me but right now this decision will be beneficial for me & for my previous employer. 
If you fired from your previous job, the interviewer will ask you
Why were you fired?
Don’t lie.
Don’t badmouth the previous employer.
Don’t blame your previous job, previous bosses or colleagues.
                 
Your Answer for example:
The job wasn't working out enough so my employer and I agreed with him; it was time for me to move on to another company that would show a better return for both of us. So here I am, searching for another job. 
(You must prepare your answer that related to your circumstances).

Popular Posts